things i'm doing to make things worse:
- blogging and pinteresting when i should be packing for my short camping trip, which makes me feel overwhelmed and gross, which in turn pushes me further into the arms of the interwebs to distract myself from these feelings, when what i really should do is just get the hell off the laptop, shower, pack, do what needs doing already.
things i'm doing to make things better:
- using a calendar to track all the small and large things that i am doing. i used to live by my paper calendars but since i stopped buying them, i stopped writing things down, which causes anxiety - what do i have to do?! did i forget an appointment? what's happening when?! i'm now relearning that useful habit but in virtual format.
- getting rid of clothes. many, many, many clothes. i don't know why getting rid of things always feels so damn good, but it does.
- forging a (very slow) path towards greater minimalism in all areas of my life
- trying to figure out how to minimalise my social life - that's a tough one, balancing my deep deep need for solitude and quiet with my equally deep need for connection.
- continuing to see my bananologist.
- giving myself a deadline to be lazy until after labour day (apt, no?) when i plan to get my shit together. (edit: i went back and removed the particulars of me getting my shit together because science, and who am i to argue with science?)
what are you doing that makes things better or worse? lessons to share?
and yes, i am now getting off the laptop and going to take a shower.